Not one to buck a trend, here are mine for the first 15 days of the month.
I am thankful.....
- that Binghamton residents will set aside their differences and come together as a community during times of crisis (i.e. 2006 and 2010 Floods).
- that Binghamton residents are extremely generous when it comes to charitable and nonprofit events and causes (i.e. STAP, CHOW, Humane Society, etc.)
- that Binghamton has been able to keep that small town feel while providing its residents with the arts and cultural experience normally found in the "big" city (i.e. Tri-Cities Opera, Broadway in Binghamton, Artist's Row, Roberson Museum & Science Center, Know Theatre, etc.)
- that Binghamton has a diverse and active music scene appealing to all tastes and ages (i.e. Binghamton Philharmonic, Driftwood, Burns Sisters, Salsa Libre, etc.)
- that Binghamton has a wide variety of locally owned and operated restaurants and pubs (i.e. Remlik's, Lost Dog, Galaxy Brewing, Little Venice, Amici's, Tranquil Bar & Bistro, Burger Mondays, Mad Moose, etc.)
- that Binghamton; though not without an occasional hiccup, is more inclusive and accepting of its residents regardless of race, gender, economic circumstances and sexual orientation than other comparably sized cities
- that Binghamton is home to the Binghamton Mets and the Binghamton Senators
- that Binghamton is at the confluence of the Chenango and Susquehanna Rivers which provide us with up close and personal glimpses of nature throughout the year
- that Binghamton has one of the most beautiful parks right within its borders - Recreation Park - home to one of our two carousels
- that Binghamton has a some exciting and interesting shops (Sall Stearns, Tom's Coffee Cards & Gifts, Garland Gallery, Imagicka, etc.) offering something for just about everyone
- that Binghamton is home to a wide network of truly creative people and organizations (Freshy Sites, CoWork Binghamton, Hue Graphics, Ad Elements, etc.)
- that Binghamton was home to Rod Serling
- that Binghamton has one the oldest zoos in North America - Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park - home to another one of our two carousels
- that Binghamton has some outstanding groups that promote all that is great about our city (BingSpot, What's Goin' On Binghamton?, Greater Binghamton Today, 365 Binghamton, etc.)
- that Binghamton is my home.